Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank you to Uncle Brady...



The "Exer-Saucer" says on its box that it is for use: "when your child can pull themself (sic) upright to a sitting position." Well, Joseph can't seem to do that yet, but I kept thinking, I should put that thing together.
So this morning Joseph would not stay seated. He wriggled out of all of his seated, passive contraptions for young infants and demanded that I hold him upright so that he could try standing (that's his new favorite game...) So I decided that as soon as he was napping, it was go time on building the Exersaucer. No small task: I'm fairly handy and have a Harvard degree and it took me an hour and a half to put this thing together. WAY too many bouncing, turning parts, and toys- I'll save some for when he's bored with the, like, 18 toys on there and add them to the mix so that he thinks it's a whole new thing:) But anyway: totally worth it! Joseph was facinated by all the little new friends and he was a quick study at moving himself between activities. Now, he still needs constant supervision on this one: lots of pointy things that could hurt if he was out of strength and just let himself fall forward, but it's always nice to have a new option for him to entertain himself. Check out these photos...

3 comments:

Susan said...

Mitch was about four months old when we started using his excersaucer. I do not know who liked it more, me or him.

Bet Rosita is happy to be with her grandbaby at long last.

Love you all,

Susan

bradyd said...

Yay! Next time I will include assembly services! :-)

Unknown said...

I thoroughly enjoyed my week or so with our grandson Joseph and his parents! It was great learning how to respond to his needs. He is such a happy, healthy, well tempered baby boy with a beautiful smile!