Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween Everyone!




























Many, many thanks to Memere and Pepere for the costume...Joseph was thrilled and so were we. This year, he graduated to being excited that Halloween was here, being able to actually say "Happy Halloween," telling people exactly who he was dressed as and mastered the "trick or treat" idea with bag extended and all. (He catches on quick when there's candy involved:)




On a personal note, last night was a great friend of mine's birthday party in Manhattan. Owen and I were at a fabulous, expensive restaurant with lots of people I went to college with who are all doing REALLY well financially, still look as thin and pretty as they day they left Harvard and live the international, jet-set life. It was intimidating for me: I am giagantic, pregnant, and worked extra hours tutoring this week to buy a nice dress to wear. I wondered if they would notice that my necklace was from Target while they compared really sassy, really flashy jewlery. But no matter whom I talked to at the table, they didn't seem to look down on me. They all wanted to know what it was like to be a mom...they wanted to know if I was enjoying the whole "wife and mother" thing.




I guess there are always going to be moments when I am jealous of my friends, who can still be spontaneous, stay out all night and spend hours a day working out, but I doubt any of them had what I had this afternoon.

I do feel old for 29 (someone pointed out last night that I was the youngest person at the table, and I felt suddenly very old for my age...) but then again, I get to see my holidays through the eyes of a two-year-old, and it makes things seem a whole lot more significant and magical than they even seemed at age 19...and suddenly, 29 with a toddler and another baby on the way doesn't seem so old- indeed, it seems very, very young at heart.




Here's to kids for not letting us make light of magic days.









Here's to Halloween, 2010!

4 comments:

RIRI said...

Awesome costume and a very polished trick or treater. He looks so happy. Mommy and Daddy are doing a great job! Happy Halloween! We love you all.

Susan said...

Bravo Joseph!

More importantly, BRAVO DANI! I spent this weekend arm in arm with my boy on the National Mall. The time we invest in our children is the most important thing we can do.

I hope for your friends that they do not miss out on the experience of parenthood. Having your children earlier insured that you got to have children.

Joseph is so wonderful to behold. I cannot wait to miss your next son.

Before reading what you had to write, both Brian and I were delighted not only by Joseph in his costume, but by the HUGE smile on Owen's face.

Love to you all....

The Tagues

Susan said...

Pardon the typo... I cannot wait to MEET your next son....

S

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of Joseph celebrating his 2nd Halloween... just sorry I couldn't personally witness it again because I fondly remember his first one last year... enjoy parenthood to the fullest... material things never replace the emotional & spiritual Blessings of family amd/or loved ones in your life! teally miss all of you... love always... Tita