Here are a bunch of pictures from my very, very awesome baby shower.
My sister-in-law was kind enough to organize this whole thing, with help from my mother-in-law and my husband's aunt. It was truly awe-inspiring: it made me think Branice should go into party planning.
We played a few funny games- one involved getting little plastic babies (tan babies, mind you- which Branice had to seek out from a sea of either very caucasion or very brown little plastic babies!) out of frozen ice: whoever could get their water to "break" first, without hurting the baby, won. Odette, the baby's godmother to be, won by melting the ice on a light bulb (leave it to the Harvard PhD candidate to show everyone up!)
Then, we matched candy-bar names to pregnancy related phrases, like "hospital bill" is "One Hundred Grand" and "diaper changes" are "tootsie rolls." Ha.
We took a trivia quiz where we learned that Turkish women are only supposed to look at "pleasant" things in their last month of pregnancy. Apparently, this restricts them from looking at monkeys. I don't know if I agree- monkeys can be very pleasant.
I opened lots of gifts and we had great food. My family managed to make me tear up from across the entire country by sending some wonderful words of parenting advice. This was only possible because my Aunt Susan actually drove up nine hours from North Carolina just to be with me at my shower. No one else on my side could make it (it's kind of a long haul) and though I truly love my in-laws, I was really happy to have some representation from my family there with me...it meant the world to me.
4 comments:
You look beautiful! The Fletcher's living room looks like a function room. Good job Branice. We're so happy you're enjoying this time. Looks like you had some very thoughtful guests. I'm so grateful to Susan for being your other mother for the day.
Love,
Mom
First of all, Danielle...you look AMAZING and you look like you are sooooo ready to push that child out and make him live in the world. Secondly, thank you so much to Branice. It looked like a fabulous and beautiful party. I so wish I could have gone. I love you, Danielle. I am planning a trip for July. I can't wait to see my sister, my brother-in-law and my brand new nephew!! YAY!!!
It meant the world to me to be there!
Love,
Susan
Hi Danielle,
I am now plugged into your blog and I am so happy to be learning about and sharing in this beautiful time in your life. Looks like you had a fun shower and things are in good shape for the much anticipated arrival of lil' fletchonneau.
Hi Owen.
Love,
Robert
Post a Comment