That's my boy on the boardwalk, with Mr. Monkey in tow, watching all the people walk by. I enjoy people watching, too.
When we got home, Owen and I played some Scrabble. Then Owen and Joseph played some Madden...
Ahhhh...My boys.
Once this week started, I realized how great it was to have these past five months with Joseph. By the time we all get home at night, things are a little tense for us all...I think this picture captures about how we all felt by Wednesday evening...
So now, I guess, I just keep rolling with the punches. I just have to put my head down and do the best that I can at my new job, with my new life. It isn't all bad: there are just new challenges that I have to face, and there's this new saddness that I get when I miss Joseph terribly and just want to walk out of work and get in my car and go get him...and I realize that I can't do that. But saddness makes us all stronger, and that's why working mothers, I think, are such strong people. Not that stay at home mothers aren't, just working moms have to be strong in a way that I never fully understood, but I'm starting to. We do the most painful thing you can do- we leave our children- and we do it for them, to make their lives better. Sometimes the best thing you can do is painful. That's growing up for you.
What all this change does mean is that I appreciate the little perfect moments of giggling and clowning and feeding and playing even more. Like this little gem...
What a boy. My boy...
2 comments:
I am so proud of you and Owen. You both know the difficult path and accept what needs to be done dispite the sacrifice. Joseph has all he needs in your love to guide his life in the brightest direction.
We all hopefully come to the point when we look back at when we were children and remember how great it was. I realized a long time ago when i became a Mom at 20 and It has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined.
With Coop about to enter pre-school, I'm struggling with those same feelings. Luckily, you know he's getting great care and he'll be thrilled to see you each day. I know it's tough, but you're doing a tremendous job. You're a kick-ass mom!
Post a Comment