Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snowy Saturday...

Owen and I have the house back to ourselves.

In a fitting mix of weather and emotion, it is snowing like the dickens outside. Snow is both exciting and a little scary: you prepare for staying in and you enjoy what you have at home and hope that you don't have to go out while it's bad.

Similarly, while we are excited to have the house to ourselves, we are already feeling the saddness of not having Grandma and Grandpere around. Joseph keeps looking around corners and seeming confused. I think he wonders where they went, and assumes they'll be back shortly. We will all miss each other the way families just have to when they can't live closer. It's something I already struggle with. Luckily, we do live in an amazing age.

This is a poorly-lit, pretty average scene of our exploits in the den, but to those who can't hug Joseph right now, I hope it's something nice to watch.

3 comments:

RIRI said...

Perfect pictures. Joseph looks like he likes having Mommy and Daddy around. Wish we could be there too.
Stay warm and safe.

Unknown said...

Guess it will be much harder than I thought being apart from you guys. Keep sending the videos when you can because they bring tears of happiness for Joseph's wonder at all new things. You are both wonderful parents! As we miss his presence in our arms, I hope his missing us isn't too difficult for him because I don't want to think of him being sad. Love always....

Susan said...

You are a great mom. Hanging around together is what it is all about.

Love you guys...

Susan