Sunday, March 29, 2009

Joseph's First...part II!

These are some of the choice photos taken by Brian Tague this weekend...


This is the table set up for the party. Susan made an awesome cake featuring Chica from Sprout's Sunshine Barn (Joseph's Fav). Mitchell assembled the party favor bags (crayons, play-dough, hat and nose-maker for all!) Susan also helped keep me sane (invaluable!) all weekend. Our whole family thanks their whole family, whole-heartedly:)

This is me in my apron getting Joseph psyched for the party. He looks enthused...

My boy...

So I opened up the screen door to wait for guests to come at about 1. Joseph was eager to see what we were all waiting for.

No pics of the baked ziti but it came out great! So on to the presents. Amanda and Brian got Joseph this lovely kids book on President Obama. Fantanstic!

I liked this fam shot a lot. Both my boys look so happy.

Joseph got some lessons on gift opening ettiquitte: card first, then gift!

After the first few, he really got into the whole process.

Then he wanted to get down off my lap and get the party started...a true Charbonneau.
You can see the video that leads up to this in the previous post...I thought this was a classic photo...I like the drunken #1.

Indulgence...

Brian noted that this looked very much like a Newsweek photo on "Obama's America." Totally. It also looks like a comfy after party and a great day in our den.
Even though he can hold his own bottle, Joseph got royal treatment this weekend...

I really love that Brian captured here the opening move to Joseph's fake cry; I call it "the stink-eye." He holds this face for a while to show his displeasure with things, but then often starts laughing at himself before he can work up a good whine. It's hillarious.

Quintessential Joseph. He's a year old today, my little boy. Happy Birthday, Joseph!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Part II is just as wonderful as the first... with pictures I can print out favorites like the one with Joseph in his birthday hat and the "stink eye" which is really funny. We're glad that the Tagues were able to be a part of this special day! Will be seeing y'all real soon... Love always

RIRI said...

Beautiful pictures! Brian captured some great smiles. Thanks Tagues for everything and Happy First Birthday Joseph.
Love and missing all of your smiles.
Memere and Pepere

Nicole Charbonneau White said...

WHAT A HANDSOME BOY!!! Happy Birthday, Joseph! I'm glad you dig puzzles. Ya sooooo smaht!