In case you are wondering why you haven't seen much of us on our blog, it's because I am running for school board here in our city of Plainfield, New Jersey. The petitions to run are due Monday and already, I am excited, terrified, estatic, nervous and excited again at everything we have done and everything we plan to do. Owen is my campaign manager; Joseph is who keeps me sane.
Some people have asked me lately if I don't think I'll be a bad mother because I'm running for public office. That makes me angry all over, but I don't let it get to me. I do wonder how many men have been told they would make bad fathers if they ran for office... I know I'm a good mom- and Jospeh is still more important to me than anything. He's important enough to me that I want to try to make his hometown that much better and the schools in his neighborhood that much more for him and for all his little buddies. It might not be the way that some would do it, but it's the path I've decided to take.
Some other people have asked if Owen and I have grown apart because I've decided to do this. Au contraire: Owen has lived and breathed politics since the moment I met him, and we could not be more excited than to try this next great adventure together. At around one last night we had been planning and plotting (and drinking some beers) together with so much excitement we didn't even know what time it was. Owen turned to me and said: "Man, now I'm having fun!" and I totally was, too.
It is exciting, and it might end well, or not, but that's where I'll be for much of the next seven weeks. I'll post to let you all know how it goes...and just because I can't waste an opportunity: Please feel free to contribute to "Fletcher for School Board!"
Much Love and Happiness to all!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know you are a good mom. Good luck on your campaign efforts! Know that politics are never to be taken personally but rather a means to contribute to your community in a postive way. If they are not ready to benefit from your input then it's their loss. Love always to the Fletchonneaus... Tita
Post a Comment