Our family on the cape... we look really well-rested!
Joseph and Pepere...they're both such charmers! We keep telling Joseph that Pepere's name is Joseph, too...but he just looks at us like we have two heads. Someday...We had been counting down together until our trip and now I feel a loss of not counting down anymore- we'll have to start counting down to something else.
I admit, I cried a lot when we left for New Jersey. It isn't just that I miss Cape Cod or my parents, which I do of course, but that I realize whenever we leave that my boy's childhood will not be like mine was. I took the beach, the pool, and the magic Cape Cod light for granted. Owen correctly points out that these kinds of things will seem all the more magical to Joseph (and new baby...) exactly because they won't be part of their everyday existence. That's true: the Cape will seem like a paradise to my kids; I insist on it. In my memories, it's a paradise to me, too.
At least he can still take bubbles for granted- anywhere we go.
All the best and a Happy Summer to everyone out there! May you feel a little Cape Cod today
4 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go0talHDVcA
Love!
Susan
Beautiful. We miss having Joseph here. Come back soon. It was a magical week.
Love
Memere & Pepere
Thanks for sharing... we really miss our little fella... and his parents too... Love Always... Tita & Namp
I'm forever hoping that one day sooner than later that our grandson Joseph & his parents will also know the magic of Tybee Island, GA... "home" to his paternal grandparents away from their NJ roots... it has its own magical charm.
Post a Comment